lucene-general mailing list archives

From marcus clemens <marcusclem...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Local Lucene and Local Solr
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:59:47 GMT

hi

i am looking for a Lucene Solr consultant to work onsite in west london for at least 6 months
. rates are around 400- 500 a day

olease call me on 01892 752730 if this is of any interset

kind regards

marcus clemens
> From: gsingers@apache.org> To: general@lucene.apache.org> Subject: Re: Local Lucene
and Local Solr> Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:11:49 -0400> > OK, I have completed the
software grant for Local Lucene. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-1387>
> At this point, there needs to be one or more volunteers to pick up > doing the work
via patches on the issue.> > -Grant> > > On Sep 2, 2008, at 12:43 PM, Grant
Ingersoll wrote:> > > So, the consensus seems to be to split into contrib modules
for > > Lucene Java and Lucene Solr. I just need to finish up the paperwork > >
over in incubation and then I think we can seek out volunteers on > > the two lists
to do the splitting in conjunction with the people > > donating the code.> >>
>> : core, thus it should go in Solr core.> >>> >> if i remember correctly,the
LocalSolr has been designed/built as a> >> "plugin" so it doesn't actually need to
live in the "core" Solr > >> code base> >> ... it can be a Solr contrib
... but i agree it would probably > >> makethe> >> most sense for "Local
Lucene" to be a Lucene-Java contrib and > >> "Local Solr"> >> to be a Solr
contrib ... haveing a seperate "Geo" subproject might > >> make> >> sense
from a code management standpoint, but not really from a> >> dependency/release management
or user base standpoint ... either > >> people want to use> >> LocalLucene
directly (in which case they don't care about the Solr > >> pieces)> >>
or they care about using Local Solr (and don't know they care about > >> the>
>> Lucene piece)> >>> >>> >> -Hoss> >>>
Get all your favourite content with the slick new MSN Toolbar - FREE
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354027/direct/01/