lucene-general mailing list archives

From "mauro fraboni" <mauro.frab...@gmail.com>
Subject Subjects DB Matching
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:12:41 GMT
I am studying the possibility to use Lucene in order to build a
matching system for a database of subjects.
The subjects are stored in records of database with different fields
like name, surname, address and I would like to build a proximity
matcher that found an input subject in DB.
The idea is to map the concept of document with the record , fields of
record will be the fields of document.

The problem is that my matching system should be quite accurate and
should be able to return only one subject matched (the most near to
the input) and no subject matched in other cases. I am not able to
find a valid rule for the No-matching. Is it possible to find a rule
based on Score that tells that the subject in input is not near enough
to the subject in DB , so it should not be matched? Is it possible to
find a minimum score for this purpose?
Any suggestion will be appreciated.

ciao mauro