lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Local Lucene and Local Solr
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:59:30 GMT
On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> The creators of Local Lucene and Local Solr
> (http://www.nsshutdown.com/projects/lucene/whitepaper/locallucene.htm) have
> generously agreed to donate the code to Lucene.
>
> The Lucene PMC is working through the details of the software grant.  The
> one remaining road block, potentially, is that there is still some LGPL code
> involved that needs to be replaced.   We could commit this before removing
> it, as long as we don't release it.

I don't see the point in committing unless we can release it.  The
contribution lives in a JIRA issue, and people can/should create other
JIRA issues to work on it.  Just as any other large/complex
contributions, it should be reviewed first by developers before a
commit anyway.

As to where, from the Solr point of view, a geosearch feature seems
core, thus it should go in Solr core.

-Yonik