lucene-general mailing list archives

From marcus clemens <marcusclem...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Lucene-based Distributed Index Leveraging Hadoop
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:51:18 GMT

message to Mark Butler . i am looking for candidates that have lucene exp for contract and
permanent positions

can you please send me your cv > Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:36:01 +0100> From: richard.marr@gmail.com>
To: general@lucene.apache.org> Subject: Re: Lucene-based Distributed Index Leveraging Hadoop>
> > Stefan Groschupf (4 Apr) wrote:> >> > I just noticed - to late though
- Ning already contributed the code to> > hadoop. So I guess my question should be rephrased
what is the idea of> > moving this into a own project?> > > Hi all,> >
It was interesting to hear Mark Butler present his implementation of> Distributed Lucene
at the Hadoop User Group meeting in London on> Tuesday. There's obviously been quite a
bit of discussion on the> subject, and lots of interested parties. Mark, not sure if you're
on> this list but thanks for sharing.> > Is this the forum to ask about open projects?
I'm interested in> joining a project as long as it's goals aren't too distant to what I'm>
looking for. Based mostly on gut feeling I'd rather go for a> stand-alone project that
wasn't dependent on HDFS/Hadoop, but willing> to be convinced otherwise.> > Rich
Get Hotmail on your mobile from Vodafone
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/107571435/direct/01/