lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene Performance and usage alternatives
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 15:57:14 GMT
My point is more that you don't necessarily need to go looking for
variants.  I've seen Lucene Java scale to millions no problem.  I
talked w/ a guy using Solr this past week who had ~80 million records
in a single 80 gb index on one machine.

If I had a PHP front end, I would most likely start with Solr and it's
PHP client.  No sense in reinventing the wheel, IMO.