lucene-general mailing list archives

From ezer <andre...@adinet.com.uy>
Subject Re: Lucene Performance and usage alternatives
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 18:29:15 GMT

Thanks Stefan and Grant.
Yes solr seems very intresting i tried once, i am seeing now the part of the
php client you mentioned.
What hapens if rhater than starting a server that opens a port to listen to
requests, i call from php every time i need to search using for example
exec(theSearchingProgram...., $arrayResult). By now is the solution i am
testing, but i am not sure if it is an elegant way of use this. I would like
to know the pros and cons from each solution, in the first instance i think
that opening a port has a  security issue behind.