lucene-general mailing list archives

From ezer <andre...@adinet.com.uy>
Subject Lucene Performance and usage alternatives
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 14:21:17 GMT

I just made a program using the java api of Lucene. Its is working fine for
my actually index size. But i am worried about performance with an biger
index and simultaneous users access.

1) I am worried with the fact of having to make the program in java. I
searched for alternative like the C Port, but i saw that the version used
its a little old an no much people seem to use that.

2) I also thinking in compiling the code with cgj to generate native code
and not use the jvm. Anybody tried it ? Can be an advantage that could
aproximate to the performance of a C program ?

3) I wont use an application server, i will call the program directly from a
php page, is there any architecture model suggested for doing that? I mean
for preview many users accessing to the program. The fact of initiating one
isntance each time someone do a query and opening the index should not
degrade the performance?