lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Michael Neugebauer" <mneugeba...@knovel.com>
Subject Anyone have experince with using PDFTron and Lucene together?
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:44:29 GMT
Hello all,

            I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask this
question, but hopefully I don't offend anyone. The company I work for
plans to use Lucene Java in the future and we are looking into several
technologies for PDF documents. However none really seem to meet all of
our needs. The two technologies on the table right now are PDFBox and
PDFTron. I know PDFBox has support for Lucene and I have actually
created some indexes with it successfully. It has some areas that are
lacking elsewhere however. We are now looking into PDFTron to accomplish
our task, but it doesn't appear that PDFTron has support, out of the
box, for Lucene. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with
PDFTron and Lucene and if so, would you be willing to answer some
questions about it? Again, I don't know if this is the correct place to
ask this question, so I apologize in advance if it is not.

Michael