lucene-general mailing list archives

From JBTech <jb4t...@gmail.com>
Subject issues with wildcard search and snowball english analyzer
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 22:39:23 GMT

I am using SnowballAnalayzer(English).
I just created one document with one field with content as "elephant is a
big animal".
I searched for e*t using queryparser.
This did not return any results.
I indexed with "lion is a big animal".
Then searched for l*t. This returned one result as expected.
I looked at the index using Luke and figured out that elephant has been
steemed to eleph by analyzer.
I reindexed "elephant is a big animal" and tried with e*p, this time I got
one hit.
I like the stemming as it stems tests, tested, testing etc... to test.
Is there a way to avoid stemming in certain cases?