lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Min Merge Docs
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 23:44:36 GMT

: I am trying to improve indexing time and looking through tutorials I found
: that the three main variables to improve indexing time are minMergeDocs,
: maxMergeDocs, and mergeFactor.  You can change two of these variables
: (maxMergeDocs and mergeFactor) via mutator methods in the IndexWriter class,
: but how do you alter minMergeFactor?

wherever you read that was probably written back before Lucene 2.0.  if
you check the javadocs for 1.9.1 you'll see that minMergeDocs was
deprecated and replaced by setMaxBufferedDocs...

http://lucene.apache.org/java/1_9_1/api/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter.html

PS: questions about the Lucene Java API tend to get prompter/better
answers on the java-user@lucene mailing list ... it has a larger
subscriber base.

-Hoss