lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting TF-IDF from a match
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 21:47:49 GMT
explain() is about as crude as it gets...  :-)

I suppose you could put hooks into the scoring methods, or maybe the
Similarity class.  Your best bet is probably to look at how the
explain() method is implemented and hack it up for your needs.

Cheers,
Grant

On Mar 8, 2008, at 2:55 PM, João Rodrigues wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I'm interested in getting the TF-IDF values of a given search for a
> given
> document. I can "see" the parts of the scoring formula through the
> "explain"
> method, but can I get each individual value? Like a hits.score, but
> instead
> of Lucene's score (which is normalized, and as such, not good for
> me), the
> crude TF-IDF score.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucenebootcamp.com
Next Training: April 7, 2008 at ApacheCon Europe in Amsterdam

Lucene Helpful Hints: