lucene-general mailing list archives

From "German Kondolf" <german.kond...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching chomps my terms..
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 14:54:44 GMT
As André said, the problem is that you're using the SimpleAnalyzer, it
truncates numbers from the analyzed text, you should use at least a
StandardAnaylzer for this purpose.

The analyzer must be configured at search & indexing process, because
if you index a "cit2" with a SimpleAnalyzer it would be stored as a
"cit", when you try to search it with a StandardAnalyzer, the
QueryParser will create a TermQuery with "cit2", and no docs would
match that query.

Regards

Germán Kondolf
german.kondolf@gmail.com