lucene-general mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Searching chomps my terms..
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:38:48 GMT
I am, again, certainly out of my depth here, but I might as well take
the opportunity to ask my naïve self-enlightening questions..

Does the information below mean that you are using a Python port of
Lucene ? or is the Python code accessing the Java Lucene ?

And, if you are using a Python port of Lucene, is that package "close
enough" to the Java version that you can rely completely on the Java
Lucene 3.1 documentation ?

And, another question : do you have a tool that allows you to inspect
the index directly ? (I mean do you know for sure that "cit2" is present
in the Lucene index ?)
I know that Luke is supposed to allow that, but I am under the
impression that Luke requires an X-term, and I am stuck on a Windows
workstation.