lucene-general mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Improving indexing and some questions
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 02:56:42 GMT
Marko,

You are not getting any responses here because this general@ list is pretty empty.
Please email java-user list.  I mentioned this in my previous reply, but for some reason you
didn't go for it.

Please see http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowToContribute

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Marko Novakovic <atisha34@yahoo.com>
To: general@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Monday, March 24, 2008 8:17:40 PM
Subject: Improving indexing and some questions

Dear,

I have ideas for improving indexing for web search. I
have written the tutorial for IPSI conference in
Opatija about ranking in search engines:"The new
Avenues in Web Search". I will have been published
article in IPSI Magazine by October, 2008.
This tutorial and my ideas was inspired by articles
from IEEE, Computer Magazine, Issue August, 2007.
I wrote about individual, collaborative, sponsored and
mobile search and social aspects at the Web.
The main idea is to implement indexing based on
relational database. This database would involve
evidence about users, physical and logical
communities(like some enterprise, country, antonomous
sysem, provider, etc.), queries, and user's clicks.
The service which track and analyze user's behaviour
would be also involved.
Indexing will be dynamic propagated by user's recent
behavior(clicks for same or similar query). Ranking
would be implementad by support vector machine, which
would give relevance for each query for each user.
This algorithm is described in article:
T. Joachims, F. Radlinski: "Search Engines that
Laerning from Implicit Feedback," IEEE Computer,
August 2007, pp 38
Community indexin would be implemented by making
relevant promotions which is described in article:
B.Smyth:"A Community Based Approach to Personalizing
Web Search," IEEE Computer, August 2007, pp 45-46
I also deliberate some concepts, which could be
implemented for indexing in sponsored and mobile
search and social web.

I will be honoured giving feedback from Apache's
staff.

Best regards