lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Ning Li" <ning.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene-based Distributed Index Leveraging Hadoop
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 00:17:52 GMT
One main focus is to provide fault-tolerance in this distributed index
system. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think SOLR-303 is focusing on merging
results from multiple shards right now. We'd like to start an open source
project for a fault-tolerant distributed index system (or join if one
already exists) if there is enough interest. Making Solr work on top of such
a system could be an important goal and SOLR-303 is a big part of it in that
case.

I should have made it clear that disjoint data sets are not a requirement of
the system.