lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Limiting a document's score?
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 01:33:25 GMT

: I've been working on fine-tuning our Lucene implementation to provide for
: better search results.
:
: I'm looking for a way to limit the score of a fuzzy or sloppy search so that
: it never returns a perfect score. Is this possible?  I sometimes manually

this sounds like a question more applicable to the java-user mailing list
That is: assume you are using the Lucene Java API in your application.
if you asking about doing Fuzzy queries when using Nutch, or Solr the
basic info is still the same: asking your question on the appropriate user
list will reach a larger community of people with more specific info about
the context of your question.

Assuming you are using the Java API, then the Similarity.sloppyFreq method
is probably where you want to start looking.

-Hoss