lucene-general mailing list archives

From masebase <ma...@jambase.com>
Subject Re: Limiting a document's score?
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 02:25:58 GMT

I'm actually not using Java, I'm using the .NET port of Lucene, Lucene.Net.
However, there are no forums and barely any support for the .NET port of
Lucene.  The framework and functionality is the same. The same properties,
methods and everything.
I'll look into the Similarity.sloppyFreq, but at first glance I'm not sure
this is what I'm looking for.

Maybe there is a better way for me to merge the two searches without getting
100% fuzzy matches sitting next to 100% basic search matches?  This is
essentially what I want to do. I want to show fuzzy matches but the fuzzy
matched scores should be normalized based on the basic searches so the
relevancy of all results (no matter which search they came from) are in a
order.

Hope this helps provide some insight into my issues.