lucene-general mailing list archives

From darkling235 <darkling...@aol.com>
Subject Exact match syntax
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 19:47:27 GMT

Lucene has been working well for us until the last few days when we hit a
snag.

We're trying to build a query to search a multiple value property to see if
it contains the value of AUDIO. However there is also a different value for
that property called AUDIO_SLIDESHOW. Documents with AUDIO_SLIDESHOW but not
AUDIO should NOT get returned by this query.

Just to make it more complicated it is possible a document has both an AUDIO
value AND an AUDIO_SLIDESHOW value for that property. In this case the
document should be returned.

So this property could be
property:AUDIO                                             (RETURNED)
property:AUDIO_SLIDESHOW                            (NOT RETURNED)
property:AUDIO, AUDIO_SLIDESHOW                 (RETURNED)

Can anyone think of a query syntax that will allow us to get all documents
with AUDIO in that property but not AUDIO_SLIDESHOW?

Is it possible to build a generic query to do this or do I need to do some
java programming?

Any advice would be great
Thanks