lucene-general mailing list archives

From masebase <ma...@jambase.com>
Subject Limiting a document's score?
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 01:26:33 GMT

I've been working on fine-tuning our Lucene implementation to provide for
better search results.

I'm looking for a way to limit the score of a fuzzy or sloppy search so that
it never returns a perfect score. Is this possible?  I sometimes manually
combine multiple searches into one result set but then I get a perfect score
from a fuzzy search next to a perfect score from a basic search.

Is there a way to limit the score or a better way to combine multiple
searches so that fuzzy matches don't give me a perfect score?  By limit the
score, I don't mean I want to cut off a certain set of the results, but I'd
rather take the top 50% of the scores and turn a 100% relevance score into a
50% relevance or something.