lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: advice on integrating NLP engine during indexing
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:55:33 GMT
FYI: you will get a broader audience on java-user, this list is mostly
for discussion of higher level Lucene things that effect two or more
of the Lucene projects.

That being said, a custom analyzer is the way to go to redact the
appropriate information.  If you have your files in some sort of
markup, you can easily create fields to contain the various metadata
that you have generated (i.e. history of violence.)  One new thing
that I have been intrigued with for use in NLP applications is the new
TeeTokenFilter and SinkTokenizer that can be used to siphon off
interesting tokens for other fields based on the tokens of an existing
field.  This can save on the need to reanalyze content over and over
for different analysis needs.  This is, however, advanced usage for
now (although I hope it will become more common)

Cheers
Grant