lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Fredrik Andersson" <fidde.anders...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple instances of Lucene IndexWriter
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:44:48 GMT
What you suggested is generally the most easygoing way to deal with
it, i.ehaving a separate index per writer and one serial merging
process. I have
dabbled with disabling (file system) locks and synchronizing the writing
processes by different means, but it's failure-prone unless you're very
familiar with the Lucene internals.
So, if it isn't a big hassle to create a serial merger (depends on your
hardware/communiction setup mostly I guess) I would recommend that.