lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with class Field
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 13:02:15 GMT
Lucene In Action is based on Lucene 1.4.3.  These methods have been
replaced by constructors in Lucene 2.x.

Also, you are probably better off asking questions on the java-user
mailing list, as there are more people subscribed to that list.  The
general list is mostly for things related to all of the Lucene projects.

-Grant

On Oct 24, 2007, at 8:48 AM, Petr Adamec wrote:

> Good morning,
> I have started with Lucene about month ago. I read book "Lucene
> with action".
> Now I want to try some code from it.
> There is a simple indexer in the beginning of book. I can't use comand
> from this book "doc.add(Field.Text("contents", new FileReader(f)));"
> Eclipse write me that it is wrong. I looked for it in API but it isn't
>  there. I have got the same problem with method
> Field.Keyworld("filename", f.getCanonicalPath()).
> I don't know if I uderstand it. Another method exists in API. This is
> only constructor but its syntax is the same like syntax Field.Text or
> Field.Keyword. Have been these methods raplace by constructor?
>
> Thank you for you tips.
> Petr Adamec

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com