lucene-general mailing list archives

From M.K <kohan.mass...@gmail.com>
Subject Implement a filter to the search results
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:16:52 GMT
Hi All,

I have a search form which has an input area for key search and also  three
optional select boxs  *Catagory, Department and Year. *
 My question is how can I filter the results if users select a category or
 a department or a year or a combination of them.

IndexWriter indexWriter = *new* IndexWriter(API.*getRootPath*() +
"\\data\\LUCENE", *new* StandardAnalyzer(),true);

Document document = *new* Document();

document.add(Field.*Text*("text", docText));

document.add(Field.*UnIndexed*("department", depart));

document.add(Field.*UnIndexed*("category", courseId));

document.add(Field.*UnIndexed*("year", year));

indexWriter.addDocument(document);

indexWriter.close();

*search: *

*Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(API.getRootPath() + "/data/LUCENE/");
Analyzer analyzer = new StandardAnalyzer();*

* Query query = QueryParser.parse(request.getParameter("query"), "text",
analyzer);
 Hits hits = searcher.search(query);*

I do not konw how implement a filter to the results of the search for
catgory or year or department.

Thanks,

Massoud