lucene-general mailing list archives

From ingeniebrio <jmpa1...@yahoo.com.mx>
Subject lucene question( summary of values by field )
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 22:43:45 GMT

Hi !

  I make a search and get the hits. this hits have lucene records say    r1,
....  rn.  eache record has
  the fields    f1 , f2 ... fn .

 I need to get a sumary of field values ( like those ebay , and shopping.com
do )

      for example :
      values for field f1      ->  A :50  records
                                        B :60  records
                                        Others : 30  records
     (asuming the search produced 140 lucene documents. )

I really would apreciate if anybody knows how can I program that
functionallity.  I did it using a  'for' loop trough all the records , but
it gets very slow when the amount of records is so large.

Thank in advance for your ideas.