lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Todd - Speedy Scan" <>
Subject RE: Indexing Wordperfect 12 - WP 12 documents
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 15:59:17 GMT
Thank George:

I will have the developer look into these options.

Thanks and have a good weekend.

Todd McIndoo
Speedy Scan Company Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Carrette, George []
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 10:57 AM
Subject: RE: Indexing Wordperfect 12 - WP 12 documents

You might look at the document filter mechanism for WordPerfect for SQL
SERVER 2005 to get some pointers to the appropriate vendors that might
help you with Lucene.

Since the SQL SERVER 2005 IFilter/IWordBreaker interface is documented
you might even consider, toy with the idea at least, of using a
particular filter *outside* of the context of SQL SERVER 2005, if it
turns out that no vendor supports a filter as a java class.

This article describes how to write an IFilter.

Obviously you are talking about some COM interface work under Windows.
Not the easiest thing to work with for most Java programmers. But
another issue could be intellectual property and licensing.