lucene-general mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Check if a field exists of not in a query
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 08:40:56 GMT
In the latest version of Lucene you can make a query like of myfield:
[* TO *] to find all documents that have the field.

I've been using Solr so much lately that I'm used to doing the
inverse to find ones that don't have a value for a field also:

	-myfield:[* TO *]

But Lucene itself does not support purely negative queries so you can
combine that with a match-all-docs query:

	*:* AND -myfield:[* TO *]

   Erik