lucene-general mailing list archives

From "#MAGGY ANASTASIA SURYANTO#" <MAGG0...@ntu.edu.sg>
Subject Lucene scoring
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2007 13:09:14 GMT
Hi all,

I understand that Lucene use vector space model retrieval that supports boolean queries (so,
it is not exactly boolean). I have "Lucene in Action" book where it mentions the scoring function
for documents w.r.t a query. However, it doesn't specificly mention how the scoring function
is affected by operator "AND", "OR". Can anyone please share how does lucene actualy score
documents w.r.t boolean query that has AND and OR operators inside, e.g: (t1 or t2 or t3)
and (t4 or t5 or t6) and ....

additionally can you please also let me know what's the impact of using "required" option
in the boolean query on the scoring function.
e.g. +(t1 or t2 or t3)  or (t4 or t5 or t6)

I would be very thankful if you can point me some readings or source where I can find more
details on Lucene scoring functions

thanks in advance

regards

maggy