lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Robert Mullin" <amalafr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: run Lucene demo : fundamental question
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 18:18:00 GMT
Grant,

Excellent!  changed the CLASSPATH
then . . .
read the postings at the 'gossamer-threads' site you mentioned . . .
followed your directions and was able to successfully index and search 3000
pages of Edward Gibbon's <Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire> . . . I'm
preparing a CD edition for use at Harvard  . . . and by anyone else who'll
purchase it for class work.

In any case, I thank you for your succinct and accurate advice.  After some
further refinement, i.e. . . . getting this linked up with my HTML pages . .
. I'll come back and make a few suggestions for Apache instruction page . .
. it seems to me there are a few items that could be added for the newcomer
. . . e.g. an example CLASSPATH setting . . . also . . . your mention that
one could substitute any directory for the search . . . was a revelation . .
. I had not realized what that portion of the command was addressing . . .
and why . . . now it's clear.

Once again, thanks and I'll try to return the favor . . . as a technical
editor, perhaps I can be of some further assistance.

Cordially,

R. Mullin