lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Investigating Lucene for Applicability to [Unusual?] Use Case
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:23:47 GMT
You might get more responses on java-user@lucene.a.o

On the surface, I don't see any reason why Lucene couldn't handle
this.  Essentially, you are splitting the stream into Lucene
Documents and indexing them.  Keep in mind, that Lucene doesn't care
where the text comes from (PDF, AFP, whatever), that is up to the
application to control.

So, basically, the answer is Lucene can enable what you want, but you
will still need to do the application level logic.