lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: Question on BitVector
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 20:29:21 GMT

1) general@lucene is for discussing broad topics about the Lucene Top
Level Apache project ... in the future please send questions about
useing the Java APIs to the java-user@lucene list

2) I have no idea what you mean by "BitArrays" ... that is not a Lucene
class or a J2SE class.

3) if the only reason you want a BitVector is for the count method, you
should just use the BitSet class and it's cardinality method -- which was
added in Java1.4

: Hi all, I have a question about how to use BitVector because I really need to
: use the "count" method for it with my project.  When I do a search I am
: getting BitArrays to work with, how do I convert it or populate the
: BitVector object so that I can work with it instead?  Thanks!

View raw message