lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Antonello Provenzano" <>
Subject Re: Using Lucene in different application
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 09:41:41 GMT
At the present moment there's a version of Lucene.NET, that it is not
very updated and well-maintained. Therefore, the query parser is a
port of the auto-generated one Lucene gets from JavaCC: I offered to
George Aroush (the current maintainer of the project Lucene.NET) my
help in porting properly the application to .NET/Mono for a stable
distribution and development tree, but he has never answered me back.

After a while I decided to port the original Lucene from Java to C#,
applying my own modifications (specially for the parser generation and
the IO adjustments), and I named it Deveel.Lucene. I would like not to
release it as a standalone project, since I think it is stupid to have
multiple distributions of the same project, but since I haven't got
any response to my emails I'm going ahead for my way...

On 4/2/07, Shaimaa Mohamed <> wrote:
> Dear all,
> In our organization we need to use Lucene as our main search engine in
> all applications but the problem is that we have different developing
> environments, we use Java and Visual Studio .Net. Currently we use the
> java version of Lucene but I want to know how to use it in the
> applications developed by .Net. I tried searching a lot on how to get
> DLL from jar file and I reached a tool developed by Code Project team
> which is called IKVM.Net
> ( ). One of the
> functions of this tool is to convert jar file into DLL. It works fine
> with the basic functions of Lucene (Indexing and searching latin text
> files without morphological search) but when I tried it in the whole
> project after we added the features needed to index and search other
> types of files (doc, xls, pdf, ..etc) for both Latin and Arabic
> languages, it didn't work.
> So please if anyone passed by this experience and has a solution then
> provide us by it.
> Thanks & Best Regards,
> ------------------------------------
> Shaimaa Mohamed