lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Shaimaa Mohamed" <Shaimaa.Moha...@bibalex.org>
Subject Using Lucene in different application
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 09:33:04 GMT
Dear all,

In our organization we need to use Lucene as our main search engine in
all applications but the problem is that we have different developing
environments, we use Java and Visual Studio .Net. Currently we use the
java version of Lucene but I want to know how to use it in the
applications developed by .Net. I tried searching a lot on how to get
DLL from jar file and I reached a tool developed by Code Project team
which is called IKVM.Net
(http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/csharpikvm.asp ). One of the
functions of this tool is to convert jar file into DLL. It works fine
with the basic functions of Lucene (Indexing and searching latin text
files without morphological search) but when I tried it in the whole
project after we added the features needed to index and search other
types of files (doc, xls, pdf, ..etc) for both Latin and Arabic
languages, it didn't work.

So please if anyone passed by this experience and has a solution then
provide us by it.

Thanks & Best Regards,

------------------------------------

Shaimaa Mohamed