lucene-general mailing list archives

From "John Powers" <jpow...@configureone.com>
Subject retreiving wrong categories
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:41:55 GMT
Hello,

I have an installation of lucene that is retrieving the wrong documents,
consistently.    The code hasn't changed and works fine in other
installations. I have been using lucene successfully for a couple years
now and I haven't seen this problem since I was originally implementing
lucene.

I have a field "cat" (short for categories) that this item belongs to.
It's a hierarchy and this field looks like:

Bases[2]{0}

Or

Computer Cradles Docking Stations[7]{3}|Motorola[15]{1}|ML850[43]{1}|

Its cat name [catID] {cat sequence number}   |    another category |
another category, etc etc

So if I search cat for "2" I should find anything that belongs in that
category.  In the second example here, the item belongs to cat 43, and
by this ancestry belongs to cat 15 and cat 7 as well.

For the most part this works.  However, in this problem install, there
are a couple items that consistently are appearing out of their
category.     If I search for cat7, an item keeps coming up with the
"Bases[2]{0}" category.   Also, if I look in "bases", a couple of the
"Computer Cradles Docking Stations" items come up, amoung other problem
items.        If I print out the category from lucene right there on the
display it shows that it is still in that category..  so I don't feel
that it's an indexing issue or before indexing.    For somereason a
search of

+cat:("2") +(cartable:1)

Is getting me mostly cat2 items but a few others.

What can I do to start tracking down why this is?

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help

-jN