lucene-general mailing list archives

From jreeman <mimo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Searching by metadata and score issue
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 13:31:49 GMT

I overided DefaultSimilarity :

package org.apache.lenya.lucene.index;

import org.apache.lucene.search.DefaultSimilarity;

public class PersonalSimilarity extends DefaultSimilarity {
	public float idf(int docFreq, int numDocs)
	{
		return 1;
	}

}

And I use it like this :

PersonalSimilarity ds = new PersonalSimilarity();
searcher.setSimilarity(ds);

After that all the hit have the same score wich seems to be not normalized
anymore (the new unique score value is not equals to 100% but perhaps
something about 90%)