lucene-general mailing list archives

From Gregory Guthrie <guth...@mum.edu>
Subject Beginner question: index of Relational database?
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 03:28:46 GMT
I have a list of video files in an Excel Spreadsheet, and plan to put
it into a mySQL database.

What I want to do is then have a search mechanism to search into the
fields of the rows of the entries, and return an ordered list of
hits, so the user could then view those relevant excerpts of video.
(Later I will include audio, text, graphics, etc..)

Could I use Lucene to do this? I would have to get it to build an
index of the database elements from one (few?) of the fields of that
row, and then search that index and return something that would let
me display those entries. All of the examples and discussions I saw
were for indexing elements of a file system or web site.

Thanks for any insights or suggestions!

Gregory Guthrie

MUM Faculty Mail - FM 1068
Fairfield, IA 52557