lucene-general mailing list archives

From JanK <jan.kowalsk...@gmail.com>
Subject text highlighting problem
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 11:21:32 GMT
Hi !
  I've got some problems with text highlighting. I'am using some special
library that handles text reduceing/canonization (used language is
Polish). The reduced words has no flexion (which is usefull feature in
the context of searching). The problem is when i try to perform text
highlighting because the highlighting tags are not in a correct position
(they are shifted), for example:
this is s<br>ome tex</br> t to highlight. The canonization library is
integrated with analyzer in the following manner:
public final class MyAnalyzer extends Analyzer
{
   public TokenStream tokenStream(String fieldName, Reader reader)
  {
   MyCanonizer textCanonizer = new MyCanonizer();
   TokenStream ts = new
StandardTokenizer(textCanonizer.peformCanonization(reader));
   return ts;
  }
}

Could anybody say why the highlights are shifted and/or how to solve the
problem ?

Thanks,
JanK