lucene-general mailing list archives

From BKishore <kishore.bath...@gmail.com>
Subject Sub indices in Lucene
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:25:22 GMT

Hi,

     I'm using Lucene 1.4 version. I have a requirement like, there should
be a provision to store the indices based on some category. For ex: Storing
all the "Computer Science" related index files in one location,
"Electronics" related indexes in another location etc.. The user will give
the same category along with the search string while searching. Is it
possible in lucene that based on this 'category', to search only in this
specific categorized index files so that, I'll get only those files relating
to this category ??

Thanks in advance,
Kishore.