lucene-general mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: non-committers & branches in SVN
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 10:27:00 GMT
Whoa, thanks for the vote of confidence Erik!!

I am interested in eventually becoming a committer (and I have
submitted my Apache ICLA) but I don't want to rush/force the process
or anything.

I was just wondering if there is a more lightweight approach in
between non-committer and committer that restricts rights to just
branches.  Or even something like a committer creates the branch and
then grants commit access for just this one private branch to a
non-committer.  It sounds like Subversion's per-directory
authorization controls could indeed support this use case but maybe
this is not typically done.

Mike