lucene-general mailing list archives

From Slava Imeshev <>
Subject Infrastructure for large Lucene index
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 18:27:48 GMT

I am dealing with pretty challenging task, so I thought it would be
a good idea to ask community before I re-invent any wheels of my own.

I have a Lucene index that is going to grow to 100GB soon. This is
index going to be read very aggresively (10s of millions  requests
per day) with some occasional updates (10 batches per day).

The idea is to split load between multiple server nodes running Lucene
on *nix while accessing the same index that is shared across the network.

I am wondering if it's a good idea and/or if there are any recommendations
regarding selecting/tweaking network configuration (software+hardware)
for an index of this size.

Thank you.

Slava Imeshev

View raw message