lucene-general mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to add an Arabic language analyzer to Lucene
Date Sun, 13 Aug 2006 16:13:37 GMT
Hi Mahmoud,

That's great!  You should email the Lucene.net list, though.

Any chance you'll port this to Java?  Over at Lucene java, we'd love to have an Arabic analyzer.

By the way, how does your analyzer compare to AraMorph in terms of precission and recall?

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Mahmoud Sakr <m_attia_sakr@yahoo.com>
To: general@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:02:14 AM
Subject: How to add an Arabic language analyzer to Lucene

My group has developed an Arabic language analyzer in C#.net. The analyzed includes:
  - Morphological processor.
  - Synonyms dictionary.
  - Spell checker.

  We wish to integrate these modules into Lucene.Net. If anyone can help us to understand
the required base classes and interfaces, please do.

  Mahmoud Attia