lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Fredrik Andersson" <fidde.anders...@gmail.com>
Subject Enforcing total matches
Date Sun, 28 May 2006 22:25:25 GMT
Hey guys!

I'd like to know if there's a way to force a query to return only exact
hits, not partials/subsets. For instance:
A query "foo bar" will match on a field with "foo bar zoo". This I would
like to avoid as I'm need of removing duplicates on certain fields. Two
options considered this far, neither are very pretty:

1) Save the hash value of the field you're deduping to an extra field and
dedup on that field
2) Check the score of the returning hits (a total hit scores higher than
subset hits)

Ideas, anyone?