lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Fredrik Andersson" <fidde.anders...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should I use one or many index's?
Date Fri, 26 May 2006 09:12:18 GMT
If the users only should have access to search their own documents, it would
probably make sense to keep their respective index locally. Besides greater
query speed, it would also simplify things when updating/appending the
index. So, that would mean one index, one IndexModifier and one
IndexSearcher living on each persons computer. Or am I missing something?

Fredrik