lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Monsur Hossain" <mon...@monsur.com>
Subject RE: What are the pros and cons of using the C# version of Lucene as compared to the Java version in a .NET environment?
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 19:54:53 GMT

As Otis mentioned we are using Lucene.NET (the recent 1.9 build) and we are
quite happy with it.  There were some memory leak bugs early on since .NET
doesn't have an equivalent of Java's HashMap; but after those worked out,
performance and scalibity has been great.  The issues we are focused on now
are general Lucene issues (such as scaling a large index and reducing
indexing times) rather than C# vs. Java issues.  I highly recommend it.

Monsur
Xanga.com