lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Charles Wunderlich" <cwunderl...@ClearlyUnderstood.com>
Subject RE: Lucene on Windows
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 20:53:57 GMT

>Again you've missed a key piece of the command-line... the actual
>classname.
Can you provide example so I can better understand? Knowing my
configuration, what would be a valid command line for indexing a folder
(p:/files)?

>You are also apparently trying to run the demo that ships
>with Lucene using a code example from "Lucene in Action" - these two
>are completely separate.
I really don't care about a demo, I just need to index and search files
for now. I'll have more time to learn more later.
I downloaded Lucene from lucene.apache.org. Please feel free to educate
me. I've searched several groups and found several people having similar
issues, but I couldn't find a solution.

>If you want to run the demo and have Lucene in Action, reference the
>appendix that describes running it in great detail.  Also, be sure to
>pay particular attention to the _exact_ command-lines provided.

I need to:
1) Index thousands of files in sub directories (p:/files/1980,
p:/files/1981,..., p:/files/2006). I expect this to take some time

2) Search indexed data via web front end that my programmer will create.

Thanks

Charles W