lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Charles Wunderlich" <cwunderl...@ClearlyUnderstood.com>
Subject RE: Lucene on Windows
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 19:16:11 GMT

My /jre/lib folder doesn't have a ext folder.
I added the .jar files to the classpath.
Still no luck. I've been trying to finish what someone else started.
------------

I'm now trying to setup Lucene on another machine running winxp.
Java -version 1.5.0_06
Download & unzipped 1.9.1 to c:\lucene
C:\lucene>set classpath
classpath=c:\lucene\lucene-core-1.9.1.jar;c:\lucene\lucene-demos-1.9.1.j
ar

I get the following message(s):
C:\lucene>java build/index c:\lucene
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: build/index

C:\lucene>java lia.meetlucene.Indexer build/index /lucene
lia/meetlucene/Indexer

__
Quote from page 14 of LIA.
Note: If you're running this application on a Windows platform command
shell, you need to adjust the command line's directory and path
separators. The Windows command line is java build/index c:\lucene
__

Thanks

CharlesW