lucene-general mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Lucene VS SQL Server
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:28:38 GMT
On a past project, we used SQL Server's Index Server capabilities to
full-text index and query Word and PDF documents quite successfully.

If you're already putting the data into SQL Server, I recommend
giving its capabilities a try to see if it suffices, as that would be
the easiest way to get full-text search.  But if you're not using SQL
Server already and want to add it just for indexing, I recommend
Lucene for the job.

	Erik