lucene-general mailing list archives

From "James" <ja...@ryley.com>
Subject RE: Lucene VS SQL Server
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 06:33:16 GMT
This isn't even a contest, unless SQL Server has improved greatly since I
last tried it.  I've also benchmarked MySQL.  They cannot handle large
collections.  That being said, they are very convenient, and your data set
isn't that large, so perhaps you should benchmark it and see if you can get
away with a "normal" database.  If not, Lucene will have no problem at all
with a collection the size of yours.

Sincerely,
James