lucene-general mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: updating Lucene Index
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 22:00:56 GMT
I haven't followed the whole thread, but this looks weird:

      reader = reader.open(dir);
     if (reader != null) {
        reader.open(index_path);

reader.open called twice?  Why?

Also, you'll get more help on java-user@lucene... list.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: "Kodumuri, Madhavi" <MKodumuri@cme.com>
To: general@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Fri 27 Jan 2006 04:26:44 PM EST
Subject: RE: updating Lucene Index

I tried doing this, but I guess I am doing something wrong. This is my
snippet, can you please let me know what I was doing wrong.

Index_path is the path for the index database
url is the one of the Field in my Documents  I added,

Directory dir = FSDirectory.getDirectory(index_path, false);
      reader = reader.open(dir);
     if (reader != null) {
        reader.open(index_path);
        String tempUrl = ServerName + url;