lucene-general mailing list archives

From Eric Schulte <eschul...@gmail.com>
Subject Filtering TermDocs and TermEnum
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 16:18:07 GMT
Hi All,

I have been trying for quite some time to filter the results of a termDocs
or termEnum. For example to create a termDocs that only returns documents
which match some query, or to create a termEnum that only lists terms which
come from documents which match some query. As you may suspect I tried to
use the FilterTermDocs and FilterTermEnum classes to accomplish this but
they don't appear to provide this specific functionality (honestly I can't
seem to figure out what functionality these classes are supposed to
provide).

If anyone has any information on how I may accomplish my goal of applying
TermDocs and TermEnums to subsets of the index (i.e. only documents which
match some query) please let me know.

I apologize if the answer is trivial, but this has had me stumped for a
while.

Thanks,
Eric