lucene-general mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: How to install lucene on windows ?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:21:15 GMT
Lucene isn't an "application" that you install.

It sounds like what you're after is running the demo application that
is included with Lucene.  There are instructions in the distribution
to follow, as well as a very detailed write-up of it in "Lucene in
Action" (see Appendix A):

     http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=demo+application

The Lucene demo application is tricky to get running and not all that
interesting or useful.  If you want a local indexing system that
leverage Lucene, you'd be better off using Zilverline or SearchBlox.

     Erik